Monday 10 March 2008

A scant 17 weeks to go...

Scary thought, isn't it?

This weeks weigh in
Todays weight 100.2kg
Loss this week 1.6kg
Scales say no dehydration, either.

Miles this week 148
Longest Ride 69 miles

Another week of Cotswold hills, but this time with a gratuitous re-ascent of Fish Hill thrown in for good measure. There was less wind this time, so speeds on parts of the course were vastly in excess of the previous efforts (no overtaking joggers this time).

The Madone continues to impress, particularly on the draggy hills between 3 and 8%. I haven't yet run out of gears, even though I don't have the ridiculously low ratio that is on the other bike.

Brett was forced to wait for less time this weekend, so my climbing must be getting quicker.

More of the same this week. I'm not yet convinced I'll finish the etape inside the time limit, but I'm getting there.

2 comments:

Karen Popplewell said...

yeh, you will finish. You're doing amazing miles, you're losing weight and you can get up Mow Cop already! It's only March. Our fitness is only going upwards from now to July and our weight is definitely going to go down - I just don't get as hungry after rides in summer. A month or so from now and we'll have light nights too. Vs the suggested plan on the etape website, you seem to be miles ahead.
Keep it up.

the E.Port Sloth said...

I know you. You will finish inside the time limit. It might kill you in the process but you will do it never the less.
Remember defeat is merely what you push on your pedals with!