Monday 3 March 2008

Police Brutality

Diet Police Brutality that is.

Peter is taking his new role, very, very seriously. So much so that even the humble tic-tac is subject to the "that's 2 calories you don't need" approach.

The only problem is, I can't complain whilst it's working.

This weeks weigh in
Weight 101.8kg
Weight loss this week 0.8kg

Miles last week 119 miles
Longest ride 95 miles

More training miles planned this week outside the long ride at the weekend, and another week reminding myself that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Only 18 weeks left.....8-(

4 comments:

the E.Port Sloth said...

So what have you done with your old bike? Is that now permanently bolted to the turbo-trainer or are you getting rid?
(No I'm not interested in buying it - if it's too far to walk then I drive.)
How much of the 'improvement' is psychological?
I.e. :
I can't be seen walking up a hill pushing a £1500 bike without looking a complete doughnut.

And how much of your braking/handling anxiety is down to the knowledge that if you fall off then it is a £1500 bike that hits the tarmac?

Clive Handy said...

Define "too far to walk".

Much of the descending anxiety has to do with the tarmac being much harder than me.

The bike's insured, so am I, but the pain is still unavoidable.

Simon Williams said...

Thanks for your comment on Etapevirgins2008, you would fit in nicely with our group, a first timer, on the larger side and mid 40s. Good luck, with the look of all the sportives you have planned before hand you should cruise the Etape.

the E.Port Sloth said...

Definition of too far to walk:
Depends on the reason for the walk.
If leasure then quite a long way - up to 15 miles or so provided there is a decent pub about halfway.
But when needing to get somewhere, then anything that takes longer than say 1/2 hour. But Hell will freeze over before I take the car if it is less than 2 miles unless I'm picking up something very bulky or heavy. I may be a sloth but I have certain standards.

I notice you didn't refute the ascending anxiety theory.