Friday 28 March 2008

Come in number 4537, your time is up

Now, as long as I don't hear that from the Broom Wagon, I'll be fine.

Three of the four of us have dossards allocated, and we will all be starting from the same pen. We're just waiting for Mike to make his way out of the hat, and we'll all know where we are.

At least one of my major worries has been put to bed. I had visions of being drawn number 8,499 and having to race the broom wagon in a sprint off the start line. With a draw number in the mid 4,000's we should get a head start of about 25-30 minutes, which makes me much more comfortable.

In case no-one noticed, there are now just 100 days left, in fact 100 days from right now, it will all be over (and I'll be looking out for next year's challenge).

If you're looking for your own dossard number, it can be found here. Just type a name or letter, and if you're confirmed "voila" (as they say in Pau).

2 comments:

the E.Port Sloth said...

Hmmm, 8500 cycles going along a mountain pass in close proximity to each other. Why does the M25 at rush hour spring to mind? Sardines on bicycles!
Still, at least you have 3963 people between you and the broom wagon.

Anonymous said...

It would be good to get off as soon as you can to aviod the broom wagon.

Cant see my own name up at the momemnt tho.