Tuesday 25 March 2008

A quiet week

The weigh in

This weeks weight 99.9kg (phew!)
Weight Gain 0.2kg

Miles last week 5 (yes, five)
Longest ride 5 miles

At least after a week of relative inactivity I can still claim (just) to be under the psychological 100kg barrier, thus making it really count.

The intention was to have a quiet week, and just do a few miles later on in the week, thus giving the ageing body time to recover from the self-styled 'Petit Etape du Cotswolds'. Problem was that real life got in the way a bit, and conspired to keep me away from both bikes, or so it seemed.

Garden re-landscaping over the Easter weekend convinced me that I really was feeling lethargic and tired (obviously a hangover from the previous weekend) until the Saturday afternoon sunshine tempted me and Mrs H out onto the road for a gentle 5-miler. At the end of that I realised that what I was really missing to energise myself was just getting on the bike. As soon as I had stopped, I was ready to go out again.

Note to self: "No more 'rest-weeks' just ease it back a bit next time"

3-4 Turbo sessions this week to spin the legs up whilst the MadOne is being checked over at the Bike Shop to rectify any shakedown issues (and to repair any damage caused by riding through floods) and then its the Cheshire Cat on Sunday (in the rain). Game On!!

Next update will report if any progress has been made in the last 12 months.......

No comments: