Monday 26 November 2007

and now just 32 weeks.......

I won't pretend to understand my metabolism..............ever.

Exactly the same behaviour as last week, fewer miles than last week, and this week weight falls off.

Weight 102.3kg (loss of 2.6kg in the week!)
Target weight 103kg
Body lard percentage 30.9
Body water 50.5% (going up, does that mean it will take longer before dehdration, anyone?)
BMI 31.6 (still obese)

Miles last week 98 (now 'just' 120 behind my target.)

In more ways than one, I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks. By the end of the next fortnight, I will have completed only my second 200km Audax, and in so doing extinguished the deficit in my miles-to-date target.

At that point I will be able to dispense with some of the longer Zone 2 fat burning miles, and replace them with either interval training or hill climbing on the Turbo. I'm guessing that a little of both might be beneficial, since I haven't seen any news items recently about the Col de Tourmalet eroding at record rates. I suppose I'll have to resign myself to the fact that it will still be there next summer, though secretly I may even admit to be looking forward to that bit. (This is the point where any readers who have actually seen a Pyrennean climb may be excused for sniggering quietly.)

Despite the weight loss, and the fact that I hope to have a lighter bike by next summer, I don't intend to tell the turbo trainer that I'm lighter yet, since that will prolong the requirement to chuck out lots of watts to keep the wheel turning.

Things must be improving, though, Zone 2 heart rates will now allow almost 180watts for over an hour, and a small increase in heart rate has allowed a 2hour 45 minute effort at over 200 watts average, something I was utterly incapable of just 3 months ago.

Yesterday was a pleasant outing on real roads for a change, with Mrs Datameister and Peter (work colleague and chef d'equipe next summer) along for a very leisurely 28 miles ride. Cafe lunch was enjoyed by all, as was the journey home culminating in a 30kmh blast over a (small) hill that used to require much downchanging.

Things may actually be falling into place.

p.s. The bike light is purchased for the 200km finish-in-the-dark Audax. I have splurged on the double LED Cateye singleshot (doesn't that make it a double-shot?) which has pretensions of being a WWII searchlight. Methinks I should be able to see where I'm going with that.

p.p.s I still intend to post a google maps track, with a few pictures, from the Cheshire Safari Audax, but if anyone can tell me where and how to host the .kmz file, I'd be most grateful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

google map is working well for me anyway. I think you need to shrink your images a bit. Irfanview will allow you to resize as well as crop.

the E.Port Sloth said...

I told you the 'increase' last week was due to the old scales under-reading.
Turns out my boss's brother has done an etape. I will wait until you have completed next year's before I tell you his comments.