Thursday 18 October 2007

T minus 7 and counting........

Seven days to go, and then we will find out the location of next year's pain.

Whatever, I'm hoping for a recognisable (in)famous Tour stage. The Alps will be great, Pyrenees too. I'd even be 'happy' with Mont Ventoux, though I'll admit that a stage in the massif central I would find mildly disappointing, even if it did mean I was more likely to finish.

Even better would be the Etape taking place on the Monday, thus making it the 14th July, Bastille Day. Where better than an Etape going through rural France with all its Bastille Day fetes? Answers on a postcard please............

To all the investors out there, sell your shares in McDonalds and KFC now, the diet is in full swing and even being stuck to (for now). Someone even asked yesterday if I was dieting, so it must be working.

Training progresses, but the thought of running as part of the training has caused my knees to seize up just thinking about it. I think that has something to do with the size of my stomach exceeding the design tolerance of my knee joints. Perhaps that can wait for the 100kg point.

Back to the Fortius to burn some more miles, and then real road on 4th November for the "Cheshire Safari" 160km Audax. Perhaps we should phone ahead to the Eureka! cafe to make sure they get more food in...........

No comments: