Saturday 12 January 2008

Exhausted!

But not necessarily how you might think.

Planning was going well last week until I set out for the Derbyshire Peak District to do the Hopey New Year Audax from Hope near Castleton.

Unfortunately, things did not go at all to plan, as the exhaust fell off the car and rendered it incapable of getting me there.

Fallback plans would normally, under these circumstances, result in the borrowing of my wife's car, but that was off the road too.

Cancel excercise, cancel sunshine, spend all day waiting for car to be fixed (at great expense) just so I could get to work all week.

I could have exercised from home, but instead took stock, and decided to rid myself of the pesky four-wheeled beast, which was traded in yesterday, and subsequently spent the whole day looking for a new car.

Following that, Mondays weigh in was a formality - 105.2kg and much work needed, little of which occured until today.

Todays Audax was flooded, icy, snowy, windy and tiring, but 104km was completed, so I am again feeling exhausted, but this time in a better way.

No comments: