Friday 14 December 2007

Nag, Nag, Nag!!

Some people are so impatient. (yes, I mean you Mr Sloth)

Contrary to popular belief, I have been busy, not consoling myself on the lack of weight loss this week by eating lots of pies.

Weight this week 101kg (ON TARGET! HAH!!)
Loss this week 1.3kg
Body Fat 30.7%
Body Water 51%
BMI 31.2

Miles last week 174, ahead of target by 4 whole miles at last.

Unfortunately, it cannot last.

Last Sunday's 134 mile ride almost killed both me and my bike. The poor thing (bike not me) has had to have a bottom bracket transplant, new rear gear cable, new brakes, and a full service (if only......)

Since then the 12.5 hours in the howling wind (which spun round a whole 180 degrees at lunchtime to be in our faces ALL day) and rain have meant a head cold has taken root, and so far this week (Friday) I have done the sum total of nil miles, and zero dieting.

On the up side, a trip to the doctor has resulted in a signed-off medical certificate for the Etape, so its all-systems-go from hereon in. Additionally, he wondered where the 36 lbs I took with me last time have disappeared, and advised against losing too much weight. That sounds like encouragement to lower my weight loss targets I think........

With luck, a following wind, and a clear frosty morning, Sunday may see another 100km ride, this time out over Cannock Chase, one of my particular favourites.

4 comments:

the E.Port Sloth said...

Not nagging ... encouragement. We don't want you slipping into festive apathy. Remember I have known you (and your eating habits) for nigh on 23 years now.

- by the way, your sister wants to know where you found such a good picture of us for the google map route.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been over the 100 miles mark for 2 months Clive, its just getting the weather to do it I don't mind the wind or cold just the rain.

The last week however has been looking good quite bright very cold but no rain.

I see it wasn't just yourself that took a battering but your bike too.

Well done on the 134 Miles...12.5 hours and fighting the wind as well! what a suffer fest indeed it must have been lol...kudos well done.

the E.Port Sloth said...

Falling behind with the updates again aren't we?
If you have had the balmy, subtropical temperatures (NOT!) we have had this week I don't blame you if your outdoor mileage has slipped a little. Minus 2 (wind chill minus 7) hurts with just a brisk walk, wearing a skiing jacket!
And as you can't get studded tyres for your bike the ice would have been a touch scary.

the E.Port Sloth said...

OK NOW I'm nagging. It is 2008, 19 days since your last update. Time to come clean and declare the festive damage.
More importantly, it is now less than 190 days until you go mountain climbing on a bike. You have had your Xmas break - now back to the training.