Monday 12 May 2008

8 weeks left!

The weigh in

Weight 98.8 kg
Loss this week 0.4kg

Miles last week 187
Longest ride 132 miles

Let the long rides commence! Once my entries are confirmed I will have an event every weekend for the next 6 weeks (though I may be resting in the middle of some weeks) up to 2 weeks prior to the Etape, and a gentle fortnight up to the event itself.

For now, sensible weekday rides will suffice. 11 miles tonight in the company of my wife, who has returned a personal best for the 11 mile loop. She'll be doing 100km Audaxes before long......

4 comments:

Lee said...

98.8Kg, wow thats quite a lot. Sounds like your training is going well. I did the Etape last year and have come back for more this year. It's addictive !!

Clive Handy said...

Yep. I'm a "big old unit" to use the rugby parlance. Let's hope the engine can propel it well

Unknown said...

I agree with Lee, 98.8kg is a quite a lot

Lee said...

good luck to ya. a friend of mine is also doing the etape. he weighed in at 18 stone prior training and is now sub 16. He came training with us last year and collapsed after 800m on the Portet D'Aspet - He can now ride 105 miles !!!!!!! I'll let you know what the Tourmalet is like after i have ridden it Thursday,Friday, Saturday and next Sunday ........